Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in the day-to-day administration including planning practice sessions, conducting practice drills during workouts, supervising athlete weight training programs and skill development, as well as attending during home and away contests.
- Prepares, plans, conducts, and evaluates practice sessions, as directed.
- Teaches advanced level skills and game strategies.
- Instructs individuals and groups of players specific tasks and skills before, during and after practice, during season and off-season.
- Teaches player-to-player defense and offense, progressions and drills during daily practice time.
- Scouts future opponents by film, watching games, and/or telephone reports. Retrieves video tapes of future opponents to develop scouting reports in order to provide consultation and expert advice to head coach and team members.
- Recruits student athletes in assigned territory. Negotiates scholarship offers with prospects as authorized.
- Exhibits good judgment in advising and counseling student athletes about academics and athletics issues. Serves as a mentor to help athletes resolve academic and non-academic issues.
- Exhibits leadership, professional behavior, and tact when dealing with student athletes, parents, administration and University staff.
- Assists in coordinating and overseeing campus visits by prospective athletes.
- Adheres to the NCAA ethics and conduct requirements. Refers to NCAA, Conference and University manuals, policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the maintenance of good working relationships with all athletic staff members and student-athletes through a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, respect for the competencies of others, and appropriate conflict resolution behavior.
- Identifies and participates in resolution of departmental/institutional problems.
- Maintains contact with University staff, University faculty, students, alumni, vendors, civic organizations or groups, other universities and other organizations.
- Travels for recruiting, contests, and speaking arrangements.
- Performs related duties as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- minimum two (2) years’ experience as an athlete, coach or athletic administrator
- Cover Letter
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested in applying please visit the Jacksonville State Job Portal