Fort Hays State University (D2) is currently looking for a graduate assistant coach for the Fall 2023 season. Fort Hays State University is a Public University located in Hays, Kansas. FHSU is a member of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA).
The Graduate Assistant Coach reports directly to the Head Tennis Coach, and is responsible for working, as directed, towards the planning and execution of a successful Tennis program. The program operates within the mission, philosophy, and objectives of the Head Coach, Athletic Department, and University.
Qualified candidates will show competency and experience in recruiting, facilitating and planning practices, driving the team to matches and tournaments. The candidate must also conduct individual workouts and court maintenance.
Requirements (will not accept candidates without these):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a US Driver’s license or at least a Social Security Number to get the driver’s license
- Must have college tennis experience
- Must be admitted in the Health and Human Performance or MBA program (no other graduate programs will be accepted)
Preference (these candidates will be more likely to be hired):
- Candidate was a part of a competitive and successful college tennis program (D1 or D2)
- Candidate has coaching experience
- Has experience working with female tennis players
- 18 hours of school paid per year, 9 in the fall and 9 in the spring (Summer and Winter hours are not paid by the university)
- Housing provided and meal plan on campus
- A stipend of $10,000 per year
- When traveling, FHSU will cover expenses
Interested candidates should contact Head Coach Brian Flax at email@example.com with a resume, contact information, and a summary of what the candidate can contribute to the team.