Position Title: Head of Player Development, West Campus
Reports to: Director of Programs, West Campus
Department: Programs, West Campus (Rock Creek Tennis Center)
Classification: Full-time hourly position (minimum of 32 hours/week, including weekends)
Compensation: Competitive wage and benefits package based on experience
About Washington Tennis and Education Foundation: WTEF’s mission is to build life champions. We give youth a safe environment they trust, and where they can excel. We empower them to achieve their highest potential by developing meaningful values and critical skills that lead them to life-long success. We do this through a pathway of continual academic, life skills, and tennis instruction during after-school and summer camp hours.
The Head of Player Development, West Campus plays a key role at WTEF to fill the organization’s commitment to youth development and is tasked with leading WTEF’s West Campus tennis programs, developing and progressing players through WTEF’s junior development pathway. He/she will manage and create an inclusive culture with coaches and other leaders of CFE. He/she will work with the West Director of Programs and the VP of Programs in planning the program schedule and enrollment timeline.
Program and Curriculum Development
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive Junior Development Pathway for WTEF West Campus.
- Teach junior group lessons, lead by example.
- Ensure that all junior tennis instruction is done in accord with established tennis industry parameters, which include, but are not limited to as provided by the USTA, PTR, and the USPTA.
- Summer camp
- Train Summer Camp staff on teaching competencies.
- Assist the Director of West Programs in hiring, training, and manage camp teaching personnel.
- Increase play opportunities for juniors at WTEF and support the increase of the net profit of the tennis programs.
- Work with the Director of West Programs to plan junior events. Events include open houses, tournaments, team events, and other events as assigned by the supervisor.
- Develop new play opportunities to attract, engage, and retain new junior players.
- Collaborate with leadership to build a social play calendar for juniors.
Manage and promote a culture of excellence with coaches and the Director of West Programs
● Develop a team environment that promotes inclusivity and belonging among coaches.
● Maintain transparent communication: appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email and regular interpersonal communication.
Supervisory, Management and Communication
● Meet with staff coaches bi-weekly per session to stay informed of player development and evaluation of lesson plans.
● Assist Director of West Programs with performing Mid-Year and End of Years reviews for assistant and staff coaches.
● Work with the Director of Programs to assist with the design and implement a Junior Development Pathway for players 5 -17 years of age.
● Work with the Director of Programs in planning the program schedule and enrollment timeline.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
● Excellent relationship-building skills
● Organized, responsible, and a self-starter
● Leads by example and is a team player
● Experience with junior development and competitive training environments
● PTR and/or USPTA certification preferred and maintains great relationships with Tennis
● Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills with diverse partners
● Proven success in developing players of all ages and abilities
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com with the subject: Head Player Development Job Opening.
Deadline to apply is Friday, March 31, 2023.