The Junior Tennis Champions Center is seeking a Full-time High-Performance Tennis Coach to join our world-class team.
About Our Company:
JTCC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides tennis programs for all ages and abilities in the Washington, D.C. region. Through its programs based in College Park, Maryland, student-athletes learn valuable life skills and train with the goal of achieving a college tennis scholarship. JTCC’s community impact initiatives provide adaptive tennis programs at their facility which include Wheelchair, Special Olympics, and Veteran programs, as well as free tennis instruction and academic enrichment for youth in underserved areas of DC and Prince George’s County. JTCC also offers a fully developed adult tennis pathway that includes a unique beginner program designed to grow the base of the sport. Together, these high performing programs support JTCC’s goal of transforming lives through tennis.
JTCC School emphasizes academic excellence and character development for its students and has utilized the Laurel Springs School online curriculum for over 18 years. Laurel Springs’ collegiate track is accredited by the NCAA and provides students with the flexibility required
to train and compete at the highest levels of junior tennis while ensuring that everyone who graduates is fully prepared for college. JTCC graduates are ready for the demands of playing top collegiate tennis while pursuing their education at a wide range of leading colleges and universities across the United States. Since JTCC’s founding over 300 alumni have earned more than $23 million in athletic scholarships and financial aid to top colleges and universities.
JTCC underscores its commitment to growing the sport of tennis through its community outreach programs by providing free tennis instruction to underserved youth, military veterans, Special Olympians, and adaptive athletes. This important initiative promotes health and wellness and encourages personal growth through sportsmanship, competitive spirit, independence, and teamwork-opening doors to future success. With a unique mentorship model in place, JTCC’s players and coaches commit to community-centric mentoring each year to both maintain and strengthen the bonds and friendships between the organization and its special communities.
A milestone in its impressive history, in 2008, JTCC was selected by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) as the first Regional Training Center, and subsequently named the USTA Developmental Program of the Year in 2013 and 2017. JTCC won the “USTA Outstanding Facility 2022” award. Additionally, in its 23-year history, three JTCC coaches have been named USTA Development Coach of the Year, the most of any training center or club in the nation. JTCC President Vesa Ponkka, Senior Director of Player Development Ali Agnamba and former JTCC coach Frank Salazar won the award in 2011, 2022 and 2008, respectively.
As an integral part of the tennis team, a Full-Time College Advisor and High-Performance Coach should do the following:
- Help aspiring collegiate athletes navigate the College recruiting process through seminars and workshops to educate parents and players on NCAA rules regulations
- Provide guidance and recommendations to perspective student-athletes.
- Leverage existing relationships within the collegiate coaches to help perspective student-athletes with college placement
- Travel national wide and international
- Create player development plans and manage player development
- Provide appropriate feedback during point and match play
- Teach appropriate fundamentals, techniques, strategic and tactical skills
- Grow program participation
- Self-produce private and semi-private lessons
- Establish good communication with students and parents
- Actively promote JTCC High-Performance tennis programs and lessons
- Motivating students by providing encouragement and positive feedback
- Providing great experience by caring and connecting with student
Our Tennis Coaches:
- Maintain at least one nationally recognized certification in tennis
- Willingness to participate in outreach programs
- Demonstrate in an enthusiastic, pleasant, and energetic manner
- Enjoy talking about and promoting tennis
- Has the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
- Must be able to work weekends
- Collegiate tennis playing or coaching experience preferred
- Kinesiology, sports management, psychology, business, education and hospitality are all mayors that lend themselves well to coaching and
- Tennis coaching two years preferred
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work
Full-time associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership with discounts.
Job Type: Full-time
Total Compensation: Above $50,000.00 per year based on level of experience
Questions? Email General Manager of Player Development, Megan Moulton-Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at: https://www.jtcc.org/.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com after which we will schedule a phone interview.
JTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.