Are you contemplating a career in coaching after college? Looking for a paid tennis internship? Join the world-class Junior Tennis Champions Center team and learn from some of the best Junior Development Coaches in the business!
About Our Company:
JTCC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides tennis programs for all ages and abilities in the Washington, D.C. region. Through its programs based in College Park, Maryland, student-athletes learn valuable life skills and train with the goal of achieving a college tennis
scholarship. JTCC’s community impact initiatives provide adaptive tennis programs at their facility which include Wheelchair, Special Olympics, and Veteran programs, as well as free tennis instruction and academic enrichment for youth in underserved areas of DC and Prince George’s County. JTCC also offers a fully developed adult tennis pathway that includes a unique beginner program designed to grow the base of the sport. Together, these high performing programs support JTCC’s goal of transforming lives through tennis.
JTCC School emphasizes academic excellence and character development for its students and has utilized the Laurel Springs School online curriculum for over 18 years. Laurel Springs’ collegiate track is accredited by the NCAA and provides students with the flexibility required
to train and compete at the highest levels of junior tennis while ensuring that everyone who graduates is fully prepared for college. JTCC graduates are ready for the demands of playing top collegiate tennis while pursuing their education at a wide range of leading colleges and
universities across the United States. Since JTCC’s founding over 300 alumni have earned more than $23 million in athletic scholarships and financial aid to top colleges and universities.
JTCC underscores its commitment to growing the sport of tennis through its community outreach programs by providing free tennis instruction to underserved youth, military veterans, Special Olympians, and adaptive athletes. This important initiative promotes health and
wellness and encourages personal growth through sportsmanship, competitive spirit, independence, and teamwork-opening doors to future success. With a unique mentorship model in place, JTCC’s players and coaches commit to community-centric mentoring each year to both
maintain and strengthen the bonds and friendships between the organization and its special communities.
A milestone in its impressive history, in 2008, JTCC was selected by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) as the first Regional Training Center, and subsequently named the USTA Developmental Program of the Year in 2013 and 2017. JTCC won the “USTA Outstanding
Facility 2022” award. Additionally, in its 23-year history, three JTCC coaches have been named USTA Development Coach of the Year, the most of any training center or club in the nation. JTCC President Vesa Ponkka, Senior Director of Player Development Ali Agnamba and
former JTCC coach Frank Salazar won the award in 2011, 2022 and 2008, respectively.
As an integral part of the tennis team, a Summer Coach should inspire students both on and off the court:
- Provide tennis lessons for student athletes
- Follow guided training sessions as well as produce training plans
- Establish good communication with students and parents
- Assist with USTA junior tournaments
- Actively promote all JTCC programs and lessons
- Motivating students by providing encouragement and positive feedback
- Providing great experience by caring and connecting with students
Our Tennis Coaches:
- Willing to do work all aspects of the tennis business
- Great problem solvers
- Demonstrate in an enthusiastic, pleasant, and energetic manner
- Enjoy talking about and promoting tennis
- Has the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
- Must be able to work weekends
- Collegiate tennis playing or coaching experience preferred
Expected Hours and Pay:
- Guaranteed 40 hours of work per week. Weekly pay of $1000.00
- Opportunities to earn $30 per hour for each hour worked over 40 hours
- June 5th 2023 – August 25th 2023
- Can provide housing for $250 per week which will be deducted from weekly pay
- Deadline for application is 4/15/23 or whenever positions are filled
Questions? Email General Manager of Player Development, Megan Moulton-Levy at email@example.com or visit the website at: https://www.jtcc.org/.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org after which we will schedule a phone interview.
JTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.