ORGANIZATION AND LOCATION: This position is located in Intercollegiate Athletics located at the Pullman campus of Washington State University.
WORKING TITLE: Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach
REPORTS TO: Head Women’s Tennis Coach
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all training, and other coaching duties, as assigned by head coach.
- Assist the head coach in planning, writing and implementing practices throughout the season
- Prepare a yearly training plan with a periodized structure suitable to prepare athletes for Division I training and competition.
- Identify/select talented athletes with the goal to prepare them for participation on a NCAA Division I collegiate team.
- Attend international, national junior tennis competitions throughout the season and the summer.
- Knowledge of compliance with University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulation
- Generate regular newsletter and correspondence for prospective student-athletes.
- Maintain database of prospective student-athletes for compliance purposes
- Recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in maintaining social media presence on behalf of Washington State Women’s Tennis.
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally for the purpose of recruiting prospective student-athletes
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to play tennis/hit at a Division I women’s tennis level
If interested, please reach out to Head Coach Raquel Atawo at Raquel.firstname.lastname@example.org