Full-Time Junior High-Performance Coach is a combined salaried and hourly position with benefits. The position is designed to fulfill the mission of developing the highest level student-athlete. The Full Time HP Coach will:
- Teaches on court in all types of programming with a focus on the Junior Pathway
- Organize and implement high quality lessons, clinics
- Track record of success in growing participation in youth sports programs
- Work with the Senior Director of Player Development to areas of growth, options for increased revenue or issues that need resolution
About Our Company:
JTCC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides tennis programs for all ages and abilities in the Washington, D.C. region. Through its programs based in College Park, Maryland, student-athletes learn valuable life skills and train with the goal of achieving a college tennis
scholarship. JTCC’s community impact initiatives provide adaptive tennis programs at their facility which include Wheelchair, Special Olympics, and Veteran programs, as well as free tennis instruction and academic enrichment for youth in underserved areas of DC and Prince George’s County. JTCC also offers a fully developed adult tennis pathway that includes a unique beginner program designed to grow the base of the sport. Together, these high performing programs support JTCC’s goal of transforming lives through tennis.
JTCC School emphasizes academic excellence and character development for its students and has utilized the Laurel Springs School online curriculum for over 18 years. Laurel Springs’ collegiate track is accredited by the NCAA and provides students with the flexibility required to
train and compete at the highest levels of junior tennis while ensuring that everyone who graduates is fully prepared for college. JTCC graduates are ready for the demands of playing top collegiate tennis while pursuing their education at a wide range of leading colleges and
universities across the United States.
JTCC underscores its commitment to growing the sport of tennis through its community outreach programs by providing free tennis instruction to underserved youth, military veterans, Special Olympians, and adaptive athletes. This important initiative promotes health and wellness and encourages personal growth through sportsmanship, competitive spirit, independence, and teamwork-opening doors to future success. With a unique mentorship model in place, JTCC’s players and coaches commit to community-centric mentoring each year to both maintain and strengthen the bonds and friendships between the organization and its special communities.
A milestone in its impressive history, in 2008, JTCC was selected by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) as the first Regional Training Center, and subsequently named the USTA Developmental Program of the Year in 2013 and 2017. JTCC won the “USTA Outstanding
Facility 2022” award. Additionally, in its 23-year history, three JTCC coaches have been named USTA Development Coach of the Year, the most of any training center or club in the nation. JTCC President Vesa Ponkka, Senior Director of Player Development Ali Agnamba and
former JTCC coach Frank Salazar won the award.
In 2009, JTCC launched its Neighborhood Youth Outreach (NYO) program to introduce tennis to local youth through onsite instruction in underserved communities. Since its inception, the NYO program has reached over 7,000 youth.
- This position is designed as “on-site” and requires employees to be at the office on site to completed tasks associated with the position
- Expected to teach roughly 34 hours per week
- Establish a fun, energetic and engaged on court experience for all players
- Create player development plans and manage player development
- Provide appropriate feedback during point and match play
- National travel required
- Ensure smooth operations at through equipment set-up, clean up, taking attendance and delivery of reports to the Senior Director of Player Development
- Assist with promotion of programs and growth
- Attend professional development trainings and meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Player Development
- Available to work a full schedule year round, including nights and weekends
- PTR, USPTA or ITF Certified (or willing to become and maintain either certification)
- Safe Play approved (or willing to become and maintain approved status)
- Positive, encouraging, dynamic, organized, highly motivated, prompt, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Comfortable working with 4-6 players in a group clinic format
- Able to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
- A customer service attitude and a passionate about introducing the sport of tennis to young kids
- Willing to align with the JTCC Teaching Philosophy
- Willing to participate in outreach and adaptive programs
- Ability to attract clients and build a teaching portfolio with excellence verbal and written communication skills
- Attend professional development trainings and meetings
- Able to start something new and grow an existing program
- Have access to a car and or willing to drive company 12 passenger van
- Collegiate tennis playing or coaching experience preferred
- Tennis coaching two years preferred
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with kids and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work
Full-time coaches are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefit plan including group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership with discounts, PTO and sick leave.
Job Type: Full-time
Total Compensation Range: $57,500.00-$65,000.00 per year based on level of experience and qualifications.
Questions? Email General Manager of Player Development, Megan Moulton-Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at: https://www.jtcc.org/.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com after which she will schedule a phone interview.
JTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer