Full-Time Junior Performance Program Manager is a highly visible salaried position with benefits. The position is designed to support a team of tennis coaches in the JTCC Junior Performance Pathway. The Junior Performance Program Manager will:
- Communicate, organize and provide operational support for Junior Performance Pathway
- Provide excellent client and staff facing customer service
- Work with the General Manager of Player Development and Senior Director of Player Development to identify areas of growth, options for increased participation or issues that need resolution
- Work closely with the General Manager and Senior Director of Player Development to contemplate short- and long-term strategic planning regarding program management and improvements
About Our Company:
JTCC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides tennis programs for all ages and abilities in the Washington, D.C. region. Through its programs based in College Park, Maryland, student-athletes learn valuable life skills and train with the goal of achieving a college tennis
scholarship. JTCC’s community impact initiatives provide adaptive tennis programs at their facility which include Wheelchair, Special Olympics, and Veteran programs, as well as free tennis instruction and academic enrichment for youth in underserved areas of DC and Prince George’s County. JTCC also offers a fully developed adult tennis pathway that includes a unique beginner program designed to grow the base of the sport. Together, these high performing programs support JTCC’s goal of transforming lives through tennis.
JTCC School emphasizes academic excellence and character development for its students and has utilized the Laurel Springs School online curriculum for over 18 years. Laurel Springs’ collegiate track is accredited by the NCAA and provides students with the flexibility required to
train and compete at the highest levels of junior tennis while ensuring that everyone who graduates is fully prepared for college. JTCC graduates are ready for the demands of playing top collegiate tennis while pursuing their education at a wide range of leading colleges and
universities across the United States.
JTCC underscores its commitment to growing the sport of tennis through its community outreach programs by providing free tennis instruction to underserved youth, military veterans, Special Olympians, and adaptive athletes. This important initiative promotes health and wellness and encourages personal growth through sportsmanship, competitive spirit, independence, and teamwork-opening doors to future success. With a unique mentorship model in place, JTCC’s players and coaches commit to community-centric mentoring each year to both maintain and strengthen the bonds and friendships between the organization and its special communities.
A milestone in its impressive history, in 2008, JTCC was selected by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) as the first Regional Training Center, and subsequently named the USTA Developmental Program of the Year in 2013 and 2017. JTCC won the “USTA Outstanding
Facility 2022” award. Additionally, in its 23-year history, three JTCC coaches have been named USTA Development Coach of the Year, the most of any training center or club in the nation. JTCC President Vesa Ponkka, Senior Director of Player Development Ali Agnamba and
former JTCC coach Frank Salazar won the award.
In 2009, JTCC launched its Neighborhood Youth Outreach (NYO) program to introduce tennis to local youth through onsite instruction in underserved communities. Since its inception, the NYO program has reached over 7,000 youth.
- Assist with the growth, promotion and success of the Junior Performance Pathway through program administration and operational support
- Responsible for building the high-performance programs in the operating system for the contract year and summer programming for all programs (Full Time, JTCC School, Champs I, Champs II, Junior Champs and Champs Summer training)
- Manage all communication for each program through our operating software Club Automation for all Champs programs
- Assist each program with communications and coordination of players moving along the JTCC pathway
- Travel communication/coordinator for tournament travel for players and coaching staff
- Responsible for the yearly SSS (School & Student Services) financial aid vetting application process with the leadership team
- Assist the accounting department with accounts receivable collections efforts and management of player profiles in our club operating system
- Manage grant allocation with the Senior management team and accounting department
- Works closely with the marketing team regarding Walk of Fame updates, tournament results, marketing and marketing material for Champs programs
- Works closely with the Academic Director with JTCC School and Laurel Springs partnership for student enrollment
- Frontline ambassador with USTA representing JTCC’s NJTL Chapter and Team Tiafoe Excellence Team
- Manage USTA Excellence Team which includes managing the roster, activation participation and coaching support, individual player grant, program and Excellence team grant reporting
- Manage JTCC Partnership with Wilson (Pro-Shop, ball inventory, Coaches yearly advisory packages and Wilson Dealer membership packages and Community outreach inventory
- Assist with planning and execution of tennis events as needed
- Willing to participate in adaptive and community impact programs
- Attend professional development trainings and meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager of Player Development or Senior Director of Player Development
- This position is designed as “on-site” and requires employees to be at the office on site to complete tasks associated with the position
- Available to work a full schedule year-round, including some nights and weekends
- Safe Play approved (or willing to become and maintain approved status)
- Positive, dynamic, organized, highly motivated, prompt, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders within the organization
- Success-oriented and a high degree of flexibility to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively
- Excellent writer who is able to deliver information clearly and concisely
- A customer service attitude and passionate about transforming lives through tennis and education
- Able to attract clients and tell a profound story about JTCC players, coaches and staff
- Able to start something new and grow an existing program
- Have access to a car and or willing to drive company 12 passenger van
- 2+ years’ experience providing high-end customer service and managing customer concerns.
- Track record of success in growth.
- Knowledge about R-O-G-Y and junior competitive tennis methodologies.
- Youth coaching experience.
- Familiar with collegiate tennis play and or a former collegiate tennis player.
- Majors in kinesiology, sports management, psychology, business, education, and hospitality that lend themselves well to coaching and mentoring.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with kids and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work
Full-time coaches are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefit plan including group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership with discounts, PTO and sick leave.
Job Type: Full-time
Total Compensation Range: $55,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year based on level of experience and qualifications.
Questions? Email General Manager of Player Development, Megan Moulton-Levy at email@example.com or visit the website at: https://www.jtcc.org/.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org after which she will schedule a phone interview.
JTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer