Graduate Assistantship Men’s and Women’s Tennis. The position is designed for two years of study, subject to maintaining a 3.0 GPA, at which point the graduate assistant should have a completed master’s degree.
The qualified applicant will assist in all facets of coaching a Division III team. Additional responsibilities are included, but not limited to academic monitoring, recruiting qualified student-athletes, and team management. The qualified applicant must be able to work with various campus constituents as well as alumni and friends of the program.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Knowledge of effective coaching techniques and best practices
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment and to establish and maintain effective work relationships with school administrators, parents, students, and alums
- Ability to lead and work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with student-athletes, coaches, athletic and college administration
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current knowledge of rules and policies of the NCAA Division III
- Intercollegiate playing experience
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Hiring is contingent upon acceptance into a qualified Master’s Program at Manhattanville College
- Physical Demands/Other Requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Travel is required for competitions and recruiting.
Anticipated Start Date:
August 1, 2023
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to Geena.Catalano@mville.edu. Please indicate which position you are applying for in
the subject line and cover letter. Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national an ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.