Every year the ITA recognizes coaches and players for their excellence on the court and in their communities throughout the season. These awards include:
- Wilson/ITA Coach of the Year – Honors a coach who has exhibited outstanding leadership in ways that contribute to on and off-court team performance.
- ITA Assistant Coach of the Year – Honors an assistant coach who has exhibited outstanding leadership in ways that contribute to on and off-court team performance.
- Arthur Ashe Leadership & Sportsmanship Award – This prestigious award, which dates back to 1982, is presented to men’s and women’s student-athletes who have exhibited outstanding sportsmanship and leadership, as well as scholastic, extracurricular and tennis achievements in ways that embody the legacy of tennis icon and humanitarian Arthur Ashe Jr.
- ITA Rafael Osuna Sportsmanship Award (DI Men) – The ITA’s longest-running award honors a Division I men’s student-athlete who displays sportsmanship, character, excellent academic and has had outstanding playing accomplishments. The award was established in 1969 in memory of Rafael Osuna, who was killed in a place accident at the age of 30. Osuna is one of the all-time great collegiate tennis players, winning three NCAA doubles titles and the 1962 NCAA singles title as part of a USC team that many consider to be the greatest of all time.
- ITA Cissie Leary Sportsmanship Award (DI Women) – Honors a Division I women’s student-athlete who displays inspiring dedication and commitment to her team, which has enhanced her team’s performance and exemplified the spirit of college tennis. The award dates back to 1997 and is in memory of the late and widely admired Penn women’s tennis coach Cissie Leary.
- ITA Rookie of the Year – Honors a first-year student-athlete who made significant contributions to his/her team in the areas of leadership, sportsmanship and performance.
- ITA Most Improved Senior – Honors a senior who showed the most improvement over the course of his/her collegiate career.
- ITA Senior Player of the Year – Honors the senior student-athlete who had the best year among all student-athletes in his/her class.
- ITA Community Service Award (Team Regional) – Honors a team that gives back to their campus and their community through tennis and non-tennis pathways.