The 60 teams who are guaranteed a spot in the ITA Kickoff Weekend based on the criteria below will not be affected.
- Up to 36 teams may earn regional representation if they are ranked top-3 in their region based on the ITA National Rankings and fall within the top-75 nationally.
- The remaining spots in the 60-team Kickoff Weekend are filled with at-large selections based on the year-end ITA National Rankings.
The following adjustments are consistent with the spirit of our rules to provide representation opportunities for the Northeast Region in the 2022 ITA Kickoff Weekend.
- Identify the top 3 men’s and women’s teams from the Northeast region using the 2021 year-end ranking for teams that competed in the 2020-2021 season and finished in the top-75 nationally; and, using a 3-year ranking average (2018-2020) for teams that did not compete in the 2020-2021 season. Only teams with a 3-year ranking average of 60 or better will be considered.
- Teams with a 2021 ranking in the top-75 nationally will draft at the position that they have earned based on their year-end ranking.
- Teams being identified using a 3-year ranking average will be placed at the top of the alternate list, drafting immediately following any of the aforementioned 60 teams that guaranteed their spot in the ITA Kickoff Weekend.