The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (“ITA”) is proud to announce the 2022 Division III Women’s ITA Scholar-Athletes and All-Academic Teams. Academia is an integral aspect of the college tennis experience and adds to the unique student-athlete experience found on college campuses across the nation.
Within the sport of tennis, student-athletes continue to exceed expectations in the classroom and on the court. In 2022, 940 Division III Women’s student-athletes were named an ITA Scholar-Athlete and 125 women’s tennis programs were awarded the All-Academic Team distinction.
To be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year