Angelo State, an NCAA Division II university, also part of the Lonestar conference invites applications for the position of Head Women’s Tennis Coach.
Responsible for all facets of the women’s intercollegiate tennis program; including recruiting, training and conditioning of student-athletes, scheduling, match preparation, practices, strategic planning, and all aspects of the intercollegiate women’s tennis program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current women’s tennis techniques and strategies, as well as planning and implementing practices, game plans, and player development.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes.
- Skilled in planning organizing aspects needed to build, implement, and conduct a successful intercollegiate women’s tennis program; including graduating student-athletes and providing opportunities for their personal development
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university or college is required, a Master’s Degree is preferred. Previous successful women’s tennis coaching experience required, previous successful intercollegiate tennis coaching experience preferred. NCAA Division I or II experience preferred.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for complying with all NCAA, LSC, Angelo State, and Texas Tech University System policies, rules, and regulations
- Responsible for recruiting and training all women’s tennis student-athletes and monitoring academic progress and eligibility of women’s tennis student-athletes, including progress toward degree and graduation rates.
- Supervises assistant, graduate, student, or volunteer coaches, organizes and implements plan for developing and sustaining a successful women’s tennis program including community involvement activities, and positive representation and portrayal of ASU, ASU Athletics and the women’s tennis program, on campus, in the community, area, state, and nation.
- Responsible for scheduling contests, arranging travel and transportation, following budgetary guidelines, purchasing equipment, inventory of equipment and supplies, and all issues related to the intercollegiate women’s tennis program.
- Assists with fundraising activities in the athletics department as assigned by the Director of Athletics or other University administration.
For further information and to apply for this position, please visit https://employment.angelo.edu/postings/4268. Applicants must apply online.