Summary: Responsible for all duties of an Assistant Tennis Coach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand and comply with NCAA Division III conference and Institute rules and regulations
- Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community
- Along with the head coach, implement a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes
- As directed by the head coach, develop and implement plans and strategies for practices and competition
- As directed by the head coach, assist in scheduling matches, making transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel
- Assist with on-the-court coaching, skill development, social media, sending out mail, and leading team managers
- Assist with evaluating program effectiveness
- Monitor student-athletes’ academic progression
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license with an acceptable MVR (motor vehicle report) is required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s or master’s degree required; preferably in physical education or sports-related field; college coaching experience preferred; demonstrated ability to recruit academically oriented student-athletes.
Applications: Only online applications/resumes will be accepted at: https://jobs.rose-hulman.edu until the position is filled. Contact Human Resources at 812-877-8176 for questions. EEO/AA