ASSISTANT MANAGER, INSTITUTE/NON-UNIVERSITY EVENTS AND TENNIS OPERATIONS, Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER)-Facilities, to manage–under the supervision of the manager of events/rentals, sports camps and scheduling–the indoor and outdoor tennis facilities and assume responsibility for Institute and non-university rentals for DAPER. Will act as the point of contact for events occurring in DAPER facilities; hire, train, and supervise tennis monitor staff and event staff; and assist with summer day camp administration and facility management as needed.
A full description is available at https://studentlife.mit.edu/content/dsl-open-positions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a sports-related field
- At least two years of experience in a facilities or operational supervisory role
- Experience in or an in-depth understanding of athletics and recreation with direct experience functioning in support of events
- A valid driver’s license
- Current first aid, CPR, and AED certification or willingness to obtain
- Mid $60K – mid $70K, depending on relevant experience
This is a Sunday through Thursday second shift position, typically beginning at 1:30 P.M.
Summer hours will be during the day in support of Day Camp.
Some scheduling flexibility in support of daily operations is expected.